Guidelines and Procedures
As a Global Schools Showcase leader, you will have an opportunity to highlight the best global learning practices from your school and to showcase your school’s globally focused initiatives and partnerships. All participants that are selected for the showcase will be expected to provide both a visual representation of your work for the table dedicated to your school (for example, a tri-fold display board with photos, student work, etc.) as well as provide any handouts, brochures, or materials you need to share your work with others.
Please read the following guidelines and procedures carefully before submitting your proposal.
We are seeking proposals from schools that embody global learning in their culture, their curriculum, and their instructional practice.
Preference will be given to school proposals that address one or more of the following:
- Demonstrating best practices in global education incorporated throughout the school design and programming
- Highlighting globally-focused curricula and assessment that includes specific examples
- Providing global educational experiences for all students rather than a select few
- Offering strong world language programs
- Developing strong partnerships with international community organizations
- Using technology and media to connect students with the world
- Offering globally focused professional learning experiences
We cannot consider submissions that do not meet these criteria:
- This Showcase will be scheduled for 90 minutes and will require that the table be manned by school representatives (no more than 2 at a time) for the entire duration of the Showcase
- Showcase presenters are responsible for their own travel and hotel arrangements and expenses, but are eligible for a discount on their registration fee.
- Showcase presenters should be limited to three individuals (for the discounted registration fee).
The Asia Society PGL Program Advisory Committee will review all proposals and notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail in March 2010.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to PGL@AsiaSociety.org
Deadline for Submission: Friday, March 12, 2010