Assemble a Planning Team
When developing and implementing an effective expanded learning program at your school to help your students reach global competence, it is important to be intentional about the process. In this section we will provide you with tools and resources to begin thinking strategically about realigning your activities to help bolster your students’ global learning experiences and build a team of stakeholders with a broad view of where and when these global learning experiences can occur. We will cover the following:
- Focusing on the intention
- Building your planning team
- Aligning your vision for global competence at your school to the goals of your expanded learning program
- Assessing your school and community’s current needs and assets with regard to global competence
- Looking at potential partners to help achieve your vision
To get started, download the Strategic Planning with Partner Teams (PDF) section of the Global Competence in Expanded Learning Time guide, including the related tools.